Honda inaugurates its 13th traffic training park in India
Thane, August 29, 2018
Expands Road Safety Initiative in West: Inaugurates Traffic Park in Thane (Maharashtra)
- Honda collaborates with Thane Municipal Corporation
- Honda’s road safety instructors to educate all age groups free of cost
- Honda launches “Dream Riding” exclusively to empower Thane women to learn 2Wheeler riding in just 4 hours
- Honda also launches road safety helpline for Children’s traffic park 7738-424-602
Thane, August 29, 2018: Cementing its commitment towards road safety, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) today inaugurated its 13th traffic-training park in Thane in association with Thane Municipal Corporation. The park is located opposite Park View Society, Kavesar, Ghodbunder road, Thane West, Maharashtra
Honda also launched the unique ‘DREAM RIDING’ initiative. Now, any female over 18 years of age can realize their dream of becoming independent riders. Under this unique initiative, Honda’s dedicated task force of women safety instructors will train women on how to become independent riders in just 4 hours. Now women in Thane can simply start their journey to become empowered riders by registering themselves free of cost at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the exclusive helpline 7738-424-602.
The Children’s Traffic Training Park was inaugurated by Shri Aditya Thakrey- President, Yuva Sena (Wing of Shiv Sena) in the august presence of Shri Eknath Shinde, Cabinet Minister for Public Works (Undertaking) Government of Maharashtra and Guardian Minister - Thane Zilla and Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. and other government officials.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Y.S. Guleria- Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Safety is Honda’s top priority and with this commitment, we have educated over 21 lac Indians on the importance of road safety. I express my sincere gratitude to the Thane Municipal Corporation for providing Honda 2Wheelers an opportunity to strengthen safety awareness initiatives in the district. This initiative will focus both on adults and the younger generation. We firmly believe that imparting awareness to children at a young age will make them the Safety Champs of our society. This is yet another step by us to make the roads of India safer.”
Honda to contribute to road safety with free of cost training
- For kids: Cycling, Primary activities and practical riding on CRF 50 motorcycle to learn ‘Safety with Fun’
- For Females: opportunity to become independent two-wheeler riders in just 4 hours!
- For new riders: Honda’s riding simulators to help understand riding basics and experience over 100 possible dangers on road
- To know more, call at 7738-424-602 or register for Dream riding at email@example.com
Key initiatives of Honda 2Wheelers at the Children’s traffic park at Thane include:
- At the Children’s Traffic Park spread over 3 acre, Honda has replicated real-life riding conditions through a specially designed and secure environment.
- Here, Honda will spread road safety awareness among all age groups including women and children through a proven scientific module which includes both practical (riding experience) and theoretical knowledge(correct riding posture, traffic signs and road rules etc).
- Exclusively for females, Honda has got its Dream Riding Initiative. Providing higher degree of rider comfort and confidence are expert Honda Safety instructors (both female & male) will educate riders on the correct riding techniques.
- Customized road safety modules for children– Aimed at imparting safe riding habits and appealing to the consciousness of young school children, Honda’s road safety modules include primary activities such as snakes and ladders for children aged 5 to 8. For 9 to 12-year-old kids, Honda has brought in the imported CRF 50 motorcycle. This will help the young minds grasp safe riding concept through the exciting practical riding. For young teens, there is the theory session on safety riding as well.
- Learning becomes fun withHonda’s Proprietary riding trainer and smart classroom – A virtual riding simulator will help peopleabove 16 years of age to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding on road. The biggest advantage for new riders is that virtual experience will significantly increase their ability to predict & react to traffic hazards.
- For existing riders over 18 years of age, there is the gymkhana and narrow plank through which riders can test their skill through a fun approach.
- Additional features of Children Training Park include an open air amphitheater, traffic education miniatures, specially designed track for primary kids, exclusive bitumen track for skill up training programs and an exclusive cafeteria for kids/participants.
Road Safety commitment of Honda:
Taking its role as a responsible corporate even further, Honda has been promoting road safety since 2001. Till date, Honda has educated & empowered more than 21 lac Indians on road safety awareness. Leading the cause, Honda has adopted a total of 13 traffic parks - Delhi (2), Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola (Nashik), Hyderabad, Indore, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Karnal & the recently inaugurated traffic park in Thane.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org