Festive Season brings in a double digit growth of 12% in Oct’18 for Honda 2Wheelers India
Gurugram, November 01, 2018
Gurugram, November 1, 2018: Entering the Diwali festivities with a double digit growth, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. closed the month of October 2018 with sales of over 5 lac units for the fifth time this year.
October 2018 sales
Compared to 2017, Honda’s sales jumped by double digit growth of 12% from 4,66,552 units to 5,21,159 units this year. Honda’s domestic sales closed at 4,90,124 units in October 2018 compared to 4,37,548 units in October 2017. Scooter sales grew by 10% from 2,93,117 units in October 2017 to 3,22,108 units in October 2018. Overall, Honda’s exports too have grown 7% from 29,004 units last year to 31,035 units this year.
YTD April – October 2018 sales:
Crossing 40 lac unit mark in just 7 months, Honda 2Wheelers India total YTD sales grew 7% from 37,95,597 units last year to 40,44,681 units in April-October’18. Honda’s domestic two-wheeler sales increased from 35,84,045 units last year to 37,86,785 units in the same period this year. Parallely, Honda’s exports jumped significantly by 22% to cross 2.5 lac units (2,57,896) mark compared to 2,11,552 units last year.
Highlights of October 2018
- Crossing the 2 crores customer mark, love is growing for Honda Activa – India’s largest selling 2wheeler.
- 125cc best seller CB Shine motorcycle series has now crossed over 70 lakh customer base.
- In just 11 months of its launch, GRAZIA sales crossed 2 lac sales mark.
Honda Joy Club
- Honda launched the biggest & 100% digital loyalty program in the history of 2Wheeler industry - Honda Joy Club.
- To cater the ever growing demand, Honda 2Wheelers India announced its latest capacity expansion plans in 4th plant at Vithalapur. With fresh investment of Rs. 630 crores, the additional 6 lac capacity is set to be operational from the year 2020.
- Building the festive mood and strengthening its connect with India, Honda launched its new corporate campaign ‘Teri har udaan hamari shaan hai’.
- Honda announced its association with the movie ‘2.0’ – The grandest cinematic experience of 2018.
- To promote skill development, Honda tied up with NSDC to set up 10 automotive labs across India.
- Honda 2Wheelers India felicitated Padma Shri Award winner & 1st Indian woman ever to win at the Asian Paralympic Games - Ms. Deepa Malik. Honda supported her in her quest for victory.
- Driving the Racing DNA, the solo Indian team ‘IDEMITSU Honda Racing India’ gained 16 points in Indonesian ARRC round 5.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org