Honda honoured with Silver Award at Haryana CSR Summit 2018
Gurugram, November 12th, 2018
Haryana Government recognises Honda’s CSR contribution for the state
Gurugram, 12th November, 2018: Honda 2Wheelers India was today felicitated with a ‘Silver Award’ for its exceptional contribution in Corporate Social Responsibility activities in Haryana at the ‘Haryana CSR Summit 2018’. The State government recognised and appreciated Honda’s initiatives towards the social and economic growth of the state.
The felicitation ceremony was conducted in the august presence of Shri Manohar Lal Khattar- Hon’ble Chief Minister of Haryana; Shri Vipul Goel, Hon’ble Industries & Commerce Minister of Haryana; Mr. Rao Narbir Singh, Hon’ble PWD (B&R) & Forest Minister of Haryana, Mr. Harbhajan Singh, Director, General & Corporate Affairs, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India along with other eminent guests.
The state government recognised Honda 2Wheelers India for its extensive work in the field of road safety, healthcare & environment, rural development, women empowerment, education and skill learning. These CSR projects executed in the state, were aligned to the national Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Harbhajan Singh — Director, General & Corporate Affairs, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Honda is humbled to be recognised for its CSR efforts. We would like to express our gratitude to Haryana Government for extending their constant support. Haryana is the state of karma-bhumi for Honda 2Wheelers India as we have together covered a long journey of growth and development. We at Honda are committed to contribute towards the progress of the community and in Haryana we have a unique connection with the people. We hope for many more associations in the future with a focused intensity to empower all.”
Major CSR Projects undertaken in Haryana
- Road safety Project, Haryana Vision Zero, Traffic Training Park (Karnal), construction of highway assistance booths, vehicle support for patrolling are some of the initiatives taken by Honda 2Wheelers India in the field of Road Safety in Haryana.
- As per the government data there has been a reduction of 10% in road fatalities through Haryana Vision Zero and 400 lives have been saved so far.
- Project Harit Udaan – This flagship program has supported the marginalized in livelihood generation through plantation of 1.0 Lac fruit bearing trees. It is based on Honda’s Global vision- “Blue skies for our children“.
- Installation of solar power grid at Karnal and contribution to the construction of Cow shed under the animal welfare initiative at Rohtak.
- Healthcare initiatives ranging from mobile units, conducting cataract operations, conducting free essential medical check-up camps and distribution of free medicines.
- Honda has set up 45 RO plants providing clean drinking water in a sustainable model.
- Supporting the physically challenged with distribution of aids and artificial limbs through ALIMCO camps.
Education & Skill Learning
- Training in the field of –mobile phone repairing, 2Wheeler repairing, beautician, stitching and computer courses have been provided.
- Career counseling sessions have been provided to more than 5000 students.
- Automotive research centers developed for students.
- Support provided to 125 underprivileged families in Darbi to establish business of knitting & weaving by setting up a common facility Centre with latest machinery.
- Training of women security guards and assistance in job placement.
About Honda 2Wheelers India’s CSR initiatives: Honda believes in delivering the best products & services to our customers and going beyond business with CSR activities. Various CSR initiatives across India have been taken in the field of education, healthcare & sanitation, environment, road & Traffic safety promotion and rural development.
For more information, contact: email@example.com