Honda 2Wheelers kick-starts National Road Safety Week 2019
New Delhi, February 05, 2019
Will sensitise Indians across 5800 plus locations on #HelmetOnLifeOn
- 13 Traffic Training Parks to educate over 7500+ individuals including kids and adults
- 22000+ Honda associates take the road safety pledge
- 5800+ touchpoints spread #HelmetOnLifeOn message across India
New Delhi, February 05, 2019: Strengthening its commitment for safer mobility, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today kick started its National Road Safety Week 2019 (4th February to 10th February 2019) across India. Highlighting the theme Sadak Surakhsha Jeevan Raksha set by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Honda will ride home the message of #HelmetOnLifeOn.
Spreading road safety awareness across India, Honda conducted Safety Riding Pledges along with its 986 dealers, 4 manufacturing plants, 16 zonal offices, 5 regional offices and Head Office to mark the National Road safety week 2019. Honda further takes this initiative ahead to educate thousands across India through its 13 traffic parks via special activities in collaboration with corporates, educational institutions and its 5,800+ network spread across India.
From north to south, Honda is conducting various activities like training and sessions on Road Safety for two-wheeler riders. In Jaipur, a mega 3-day Road Safety Carnival is set to commence while in Alleppey (Kerala) a safety scooter rally will further promote the cause. From safe cycling workshop aligned for school kids in Bhopal to tapping college youngsters for road safety awareness in Pune and reaching further to Kolkata, Honda is all set for road safety promotion during the week.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Prabhu Nagaraj- Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd., said, “Honda 2Wheelers is deeply committed to its motto of ‘Safety for Everyone’. We commenced our Nationwide Road Safety Awareness Campaign earlier this year and now with the National Road Safety Week, we are further expanding road safety promotion. We are extending the impact of this year’s theme Sadak Suraksha Jeevan Raksha with our #HelmetOnLifeOn initiative, starting from our own associates at Honda to reaching out the society at large with over 5800 Honda touchpoints. Moreover, Road Safety promotion activities at our traffic training parks during the week will intensify our efforts to make Indian roads much safer.”
Key Activities by Honda
- Fun competitions like Poster Making & Painting competition for school kids at Traffic Training parks
- Do’s and Don’ts while Bus Commute workshop session for school kids and school bus drivers
- Educating 9 to 12 year olds on Safe cycling & pillion riding habits
- Special rider training activity for teenagers over 16-year-olds and adults.
- Training to License Applicants in association with Regional Transport Offices at traffic training parks
- Mega Female Safety Riding session to empower women with riding skill within 4 hours only!
- Rangoli competition for women at all traffic training parks adding fun element
- Road Safety Carnival hosting various fun activities for kids & Principals Convention at Jaipur
- Road Safety Week celebrations with Traffic Police in Chandigarh
- Massive special awareness drive for young kids in Panipat, Alwar, Alleppey and Bhopal & college students in Howrah, Kolkata, Dehradun, Pune & Vadodara
Honda’s Road Safety Commitment:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. In India too, Honda has been promoting road safety since its inception in 2001 and has already spread road safety awareness to 25 lac Indians. Today Indians are becoming independent and safe riders via Honda’s safety riding and training programmes being held at its 14 adopted traffic parks (2 in Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola, Hyderabad, Indore, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Karnal and Thane) in India.
For more information, contact : email@example.com